Due to COVID-19 and a mass number of emails and phone calls coming in to our state office, we are doing everything we can to get back to you as quickly as possible. We are here to serve you.
Here are some frequently asked questions that will hopefully address at least part of your concerns:
- If you are having trouble with a PIN number, call 1-866-962-4064.
- If you have received a confirmation number but no payment yet, call your processing center (found by your social security number at this link: http://jfs.ohio.gov/ouio/claims-processing-center-locations.stm).
- If you have not received a confirmation number and cannot complete your application, call the unemployment hotline at 1-877-644-6562.
- Jobs and Family Services is still working to implement self-employed workers into the unemployment system, and will inform all 1099 filers as soon as this is up and running.
- You can also find a helpful list of FAQ at http://jfs.ohio.gov/ouio/CoronavirusAndUI.stm.
- For any other concerns, email us.
2) HB 197:
- Voting by absentee ballot must be postmarked on or before April 27th
- Tax filing deadline for state income tax extended to July 15th
- Any additional questions, email us.
3) Ohio 2020 Economic Recovery Task Force:
- If you have specific opinions or information to share, Rep. Powell will read it over and thanks you for sending this!
- If you are a small business that is willing to share your story and COVID-19 experience with the Task Force, thank you! We will be emailing you shortly with the form to fill out and additional information.
4) CARES Act, stimulus checks, and PPP/EIDL Loans:
- We will forward your concerns along to Congressman Warren Davidson’s office, since the CARES Act is federal.
- Social Security recipients will automatically receive their stimulus check.
- Any additional questions regarding assistance available to small businesses, please email us and we will follow up.
5) Community Conversations:
- For information regarding when Rep. Powell is hosting virtual Community Conversations with special guests, please visit her Facebook page.
Let us know if you have a specific request or follow-up question, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
-Jena Powell, State Rep.|OH-80
State Representative Jena Powell is currently serving her first term as a state representative. She represents the 80th Ohio House District, which encompasses Miami County and a portion of Darke County.
For more information, contact Rep Powell’s office at 614-466-8114 or Rep80@ohiohouse.gov.