http://jenapowell.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/ejp-logo-web-1x-color.png 0 0 Jena Powell http://jenapowell.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/ejp-logo-web-1x-color.png Jena Powell2020-10-07 09:06:592020-10-07 09:41:42Darke County Community Resources
Drug abuse/mental health services:
- Miami County Recovery Council (serves Darke County as well) list of services and resources: http://www.mcrcinc.org/uploads/1/4/9/1/14911028/2018_3-county_guide.pdf
- Project DAWN
- Phone Number: 937-573-3500
- Project DAWN distributes naloxone and trains participants on what to do in the case of an overdose.
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration)
- National Hotline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- This is a national hotline for any individuals or families facing substance abuse or mental health struggles. They will provide resources and refer the caller to local organizations.
- Tri-County Board of Recovery and Mental Health Services
- Address: 1100 Wayne Street Suite 4000, Troy, OH 45373
- Phone Number: (937) 335-7727
- This organization provides a host of services focused on mental health and addiction recovery, ranging from medical treatments and medication to education and counseling.
- Recovery and Wellness Centers of Midwest Ohio
- Address: 600 Walnut St, Greenville, OH 45331
- Phone Number: 937-548-6842
- This organization provides counseling, treatment and education tailored to groups and individuals of all ages and both genders.
- Family Health Services
- Greenville: 5735 Meeker Rd. Greenville, OH 45331
- Arcanum: 702 N. Main Street, Arcanum, OH 45304
- Phone Numbers
- Greenville: 937-548-9680
- Arcanum: 937-692-6601
SUICIDE PREVENTION RESOURCES:
- 24-Hour Tri-County Crisis Hotline
- Phone Number: 800.351.7347
- This is a 24 hour crisis hotline available to residents of Darke County.
- Coalition for a Healthy Darke County
- This website organizes lists of resources for the community, including the above list of short-term mental health/ crisis intervention resources.
- Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation Darke County Hotline
- County Hotline: 800-351-7347
- This is an emergency hotline specific to Darke County, operated by a statewide agency.
CHILD CARE RESOURCES:
- Ohio Early Intervention- Darke County
- This is a directory of care facilities and resources for Darke County mothers and children who may be facing struggles or disabilities early in life.
- Help Me Grow
- Address: 300 Garst Avenue Greenville, OH 45331
- Phone Number: 937-547-9392
- Help Me Grow provides early intervention services to infants and children under 3 who are likely to develop a disability.
- Grace Resurrection Community Center
- Address: 433 E Water St. Greenville, OH 45331
- Phone Number: 937-548-2595
- This is a community center run as a collaboration between over 20 churches, the center provides Soup Kitchen, Food Pantry, Clothing Bank, Resource Referral Service, Medical Fee Assistance in cooperation with Family Health and a BackPack Program.
- Fish Choice Pantry
- Address: 400 Markwith Ave. Greenville, OH 45331
- Phone Number: (937) 548-2000
- This is a food pantry serving the residents of Darke County 3 days a week.
SENIOR CARE RESOURCES:
- Coalition for a Healthy Darke County List
- This website organizes lists of senior care facilities including nursing homes, hospice and home care.
- Wayne HealthCare Senior Behavioral Health
- Address: 835 Sweitzer StreetGreenville, OH 45331
- Phone Number: (937) 547-7430
- Wayne HealthCare provides short-term inpatient psychiatric medical care for seniors.
- Miami Valley Community Action Partnership
- Phone Number: 937-547-9129
- This organization provides transportation services to Darke County seniors, both general and medical.
- Bradford Church of the Nazarene
- Address: 300 W Keller St. Bradford, OH 45308
- Phone Number: 937-448-2308
- This church offers food ministries as well as an Angel Tree, focusing on serving residents of Bradford school district.
- Many churches pool their resources together to the Grace Resurrection Community Center mentioned above.